Eggs and soldiers
The comforting ritual of dipping buttered soldiers made with John Dwyer's bread, into a runny egg is perfect any time of the day.
Ingredients and Info
You will need:
- 1 or 2 free-range eggs - at room temperature
- 2 slices of John Dwyer's bread - unsliced gives a firmer soldier
- Half-fill a small saucepan with water.
- Place on the hob over a medium heat and bring to the boil
- Once boiling, lower the eggs into the water with a slotted spoon
- Allow the water to come back to boiling point and lower to a medium heat.
- Set a timer for for 3 minutes - for a small to medium egg - a minute or two longer for larger eggs
- Meanwhile toast the bread
- Butter the toast and cut into soldiers
- Drain the eggs, place into egg cups
- Soldiers at the ready; dive right into the eggs - marvellous!